Foot and Ankle Reconstructive and Trauma Surgery
Dr Simon Zilko is a locally and internationally trained consultant orthopaedic surgeon who specialises in all disorders of the foot and ankle. He is currently the Chairman of the WA Orthopaedic Foot and Ankle Society.
Born and raised in Perth, Simon studied medicine and surgery at the University of Western Australia, graduating in 2005. He subsequently undertook his orthopaedic surgery training in Perth, and was awarded Fellowship of both the Royal Australasian College of Surgeons (FRACS) and the Australian Orthopaedic Association (FAOrthA) in 2015.
After receiving his FRACS, he moved overseas with his family for 18 months to undertake further sub-specialist training in foot and ankle surgery in both North America and Europe. He was selected for the prestigious University of Toronto Foot and Ankle Orthopaedic Surgery Fellowship in Canada, and completed further training with leading foot and ankle orthopaedic surgeons in Charlotte and Chicago, USA; Vancouver, Canada; Amsterdam, Netherlands; and London, UK.
Simon has experience with all aspects of foot and ankle orthopaedic surgery, including total ankle joint replacement, ankle and foot fusions, lower limb deformity correction, sports injuries, lower limb trauma, ankle and hindfoot key-hole (arthroscopy) and minimally invasive surgery, and forefoot reconstruction (including bunion and claw toe correction). He also performs arthroscopic knee surgery.
For further details and information about Simon and the foot and ankle problems he specialises in, please see www.drsimonzilko.com.au.
ANKLE & HINDFOOT
- Total Ankle Joint Replacement Surgery (Primary & Revision)
- Arthroscopic Surgery for Sports Injuries, Cartilage Damage, Bone Impingement & Arthritis
- Arthroscopic Ankle & Subtalar Joint Fusion
- Ankle Ligament Stabilisation & Tendon Repair/Reconstruction
- Hindfoot Arthritis & Deformity Correction
- Achilles Tendon Repair, Reconstruction, Lengthening
- Plantar Fascia Release (Keyhole)
- Bunion (Hallux Valgus) Surgery
- Claw/Hammer Toe Correction
- Rheumatoid/Inflammatory Arthritis Reconstruction
- 1st MTP (Big Toe) Joint Fusion and Joint Replacement
FLATFOOT (PLANOVALGUS) RECONSTRUCTION
HIGH-ARCHED FOOT (CAVOVARUS) RECONSTRUCTION
- Midfoot Reconstructions and Fusions
- Tarsal Tunnel Syndrome and Nerve Entrapment
- Diabetic Foot and Charcot Arthropathy Reconstruction
- Complex Deformity Reconstruction for Disorders such as Charcot-Marie-Tooth, Polio etc.
- All Foot and Ankle Fractures
- Tibial Plafond Fractures
- Calcaneum Fractures
- Talus Fractures
- Navicular Fractures
- Lisfranc Complex Fractures
- Metatarsal & Toe Fractures